This short course starts with learning some fundamental MATLAB commands, and build up a set of skills set needed for basic problem solving
MATLAB programming is one of the most important technical programming languages and skills today. In the academic level, it is currently being used as the standard instructional tool for introductory and advanced courses of mathematics and engineering. In the research level, MATLAB is being used heavily in a wide variety of areas from natural sciences, through all disciplines of engineering, to finance, and beyond. In industry, MATLAB is the tool of choice for high-productivity research, development, and analysis. Hence, a solid background in MATLAB is an indispensable skill in today’s job market where every graduate student should possess.
Upon completing the program, students shall be able to:
1. Learn how to start MATLAB and be familiar with its user interface.
2. Do basic arithmetic operations.
3. Define vectors and matrices, and how to manipulate them.
4. Create and customize two- and three-dimensional plots.
5. Program and code using MATLAB.
6. Use many of the built-in functions in MATLAB.
7. Create user-defined functions.
8. Create, store, and run MATLAB files.
9. How to find programming errors with the help of MATLAB debugger.
10. Manipulating data sets that are stored in external files.
11. Solve multidisciplinary problems.